Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

In addition, I withdrew form the project. What is the most

Customer Question

In addition, I withdrew form the project. What is the most secure and legal way to send back $3000 to someone who to me is less than reputable. I don't think I want to send personal check.
Thank you,
Anne
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, Anne. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

There are two ways to send the money and protect yourself. First, you can send a 'certified check' for that amount--most banks will charge you from $20 to $30 for the check. This way the funds are guaranteed but the funds do not come from your account. The other option is a 'wire' transfer--for that you can contact the other party and ask for their bank information. But if you do not want to have contact with them, the certified check is likely best.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.