How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33062
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contract with a lady to buy a house and a dump truck

Customer Question

I have a contract with a lady to buy a house and a dump truck gave her 10,000 and now she wants to back out of the deal but she signed a quickclaim deed but she took the truck back and I have out 3000 in the truck to fix it and 3000 to add it to my insurance. what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. You would have to file a lawsuit against her for breach of contract and then ask for what is known as "specific performance" which is to force her to turn the truck over to you or for monetary damages including your attorney's fees. There is no other way to resolve the matter other than a lawsuit since no one other than a court has the power to force her to go through with the sale.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what about the house she says I have 72 hours to give her the house back but we already gave her 10,000 and the house is in our name already and we owe her 70,000 still and I told her I have the money but she's trying to back out and I'm not sure on what to do

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
It's the same answer. I am assuming that you have a written contract for this since you said "I have a contract", is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea I have the quick claim deed and a purchase agreement
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Then you don't have to give the land/property back although you do, of course, have to pay her as set forth in the agreement.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Since she has already signed the deed then that isn't a huge issue on the propertybut all of it can be handled in the same lawsuit. If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions