Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Re : Verizon customer charges, I have a Verizon

Customer Question

re : Verizon customer charges,
I have a Verizon contract for internet, telephone and tv. I am moving to a new location and I have been told that I cannot continue with the same contract because Verizon doesn't offer the TV part of the contract at my new address. They are offering to substitute dish network instead of the vios plan which presently have. I elect not to have the dish network for the TV portion. I have informed by Verizon that I will be penalized $175.00 because I am cancelling the contract. I feel that I contracted for the vios plan and because they can't offer it to me at my new address, why should I be penalized?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if you had a contract for service at your address, that contract is binding. You need to read your contract regarding the terms and conditions regarding moving service, since the contract for Verizon usually states that if you seek to move and they cannot provide service at the new location they can offer a substitute or you can be liable for cancellation fees at your address, you need to read your contract first before you know how you can proceed, please let us know what the contract states. Thank you.