Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I leased a car in my name. The person who is driving it

Customer Question

I leased a car in my name. The person who is driving it signed a notarized document. Is the document enforceable? Will it hold up if I take this person to court? It reads; Regarding the Honda Civic VIN ##### ***** agrees to pay MR $375 per month on the first
day of each month beginning May 1, 2015 through May 1, 2018 as a lease payment regardless of who is in possession of the vehicle. Additionally he will keep the car insured and provide proof of insurance. Should he fail to maintain insurance he will pay the
monthly premium to MR so that she can insure the car. AC will keep said vehicle in good repair at his own cost. Should said vehicle be damaged it will be the sole responsibility of AC to pay for repairs or any insurance deductible.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, that is an enforceable agreement. If the other party doesn't pay, or doesn't maintain insurance, and you wind up having to sue, that agreement will allow you to go to court and get a judgment for the money you're owed.
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.