Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I bout 2007 nissan altima v6 with 121000 miles i am having

Customer Question

i bout 2007 nissan altima v6 with 121000 miles i am having problems with my ac ,as soon i turn on the ac it burns the fuse dealer has refused to help me that i bought the car as is
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone #8179862248
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on JustAnswer.com, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
I am sorry to say that under Texas law, all used car purchases are deemed as is unless you received a written warranty to the contrary. The courts use the term "caveat emptor" or "buyer beware" to describe an as is sale, placing the liability for any hidden defects on the buyer and not the seller.
However, even in an as is sale there are some common law implied warranties that can apply here. The first implied warranty is the implied warranty of merchantability, which requires you to prove the seller knew that there was a dangerous defect that made the vehicle unfit for its intended purpose at the time of the sale to you. The second implied warranty requires you to prove that the seller knew of the defect at the time of the sale and they intentionally misrepresented it or concealed it from you as the buyer.
Both of the implied warranties require you to show some knowledge on the part of the seller at the time of the sale about the defect and if you can do so, you can force them to pay for repairs or rescind the sale.