Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Question...my gym membership expired back in March of this

Customer Question

question...my gym membership expired back in March of this year. In February of this year, I contacted the gym spoke with the manager and informed him that I would not be redoing my contract, and that I wanted it stopped. He informed me at that time that it wasn't a problem, and that he would give me 30 days in case we changed our mind. Since March, this gym has been taking money from my account for a continued membership which I said to stop. I was told that that previous manager had been let go and that I should have come by to fill out a cancellation request. I'm trying to get my money back...am I in the right?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told by the manager that I talked to in February that he would cancel my membership. I wasn't informed of needing to do anything further. My wife and I just recently noticed the continued transactions each month for $69 a piece.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Did the written contract have a specific method you had to follow to cancel?