Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

My spouse refuses to disclose his or her financial standing?

Customer Question

My spouse refuses to disclose his or her financial standing? What is my legal recourse?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your spouse is required to disclose the information, you would file a "Motion to Compel" to get the court to order him/her to produce the information. If the court has already ordered them to produce and they are refusing, then you file a Motion for Order to Show Cause for Contempt of Court and bring them back into court to prove to the court why they have not produced the information as required.
As far as your attorney, if he never sent bills to you and took the home to pay the bills, this is basis to file a suit against the attorney to get possession of your home back based on him not giving you a chance to pay the bills.