Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We have been paying x amount each month now management

Customer Question

We have been paying x amount each month for water now management gave notice a mistake was made four months ago and now charging double the water for everyone for the next 5 months , we also have been paying each month for service fee to add all this up . Is it legal for them to do this and call it a water mistake as each time a manager leaves or the hire someone else there is a lame excuse to collect extra money for a while from the tenents.We cannot afford to move at this time because they want an extra months rent to get out of lease
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Unfortunately, the fee is legal. If there is a mistake with prior bill, management can correct the mistake by adjusting the fee for future bills.
I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.