Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Im a painter and had to leave a lift at a job site and

Customer Question

hi Im a painter and had to leave a lift at a job site and it got towed and the towing company is charging $3500.00 for the towing and $150 per day impoundment ? This was for about two hours of work ? Do I have any recourse ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to pay for the towing tomorrow, it would be nice if i had info sooner than later.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Towing charges are regulated by State Laws. So, whether these charges are valid would depend on your State Law. If you can tell what State you are in, I will try to look up the law and get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
State of Illinois, city of chicago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lift was towed from a Walgreens parking lot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done research on my own in the time I have been waiting for clear information I can use, I have to pick up this lift up in the next 2 hours and need answers quicker, sorry I'm not satisfied with the services, Please refund my monies. Thank you ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told towing commercial equipment is not regulated by the Illinois Commerce Commission, If the towing company is "gouging" is there any recourse, I have called other towing companies in the area and they indicated that they would be charging about $750.00 if I had hired them for the same tow.... any feed back... MB
Hello: I am sorry that you are not satisfied with the service. Like you, I am only a user of the site and I choose what questions to answer when I see them. Your question was sitting on the Question List for more than four hours when I saw it and decided to respond to it. Since you are in a hurry, I will opt out. Perhaps another Attorney licensed in Illinois would provide a quicker response to you.
Best wishes
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Different expert here. do you still need an answer? If so, what would you like to know at this point?