Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was approved & attendance dec,1 2015,

Customer Question

i was approved for aid & attendance dec,1 2015, I was told to spply for ssi .I applied dec of 2015. the woman ask me how will the va know how I spend the money,i explained that the va ask me for receipts at years end.i was approved 07/15 the same lady called me she ask me to come to her office on the24of july,2015.when I arrived she said that there would be no direct deposit until she wrote a letter to the va. in Winston salem,nc that could take minimum of 6 months. why the hell is she doing this on the va.web site I don't have to disclose any info but im on aid &attendance. I live alone wity lucyðelmy chowchow. were going to be evicted on yhe 15 of aug,15 we lived in that car for just over two years.you would think the name of yhe program is self explanatory.she not a nice woman toward me as for oihers she pleasant.i need someone with knowledge to explain this to asap.i called every va department they are not interested they don't do there job as required. please help if possible. thanks, ***** ***** is***** #XXX XXX XXXX, email.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.Raymond, I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your question. Are you asking if they can reduce SSI if you are getting VA pension (like aid and attendance)?