Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

How do I go about making a company be responsible for

Customer Question

How do I go about making a company be responsible for damages to my personal vehicle. I had my truck towed after it broke down and had to call a tow company. I got a company to tow it but in the process they significantly damaged the vehicle. I have followed
their requirements to try and get the vehicle repaired but have yet to get a response from the company. I call and they don't return the call.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. At this point you may want to send them a certified letter demanding a response. If they still fail to reply, the next step is taking them to small claims court for costs to repair. As they are now acting in 'bad faith' by failing to respond, and you attempted all reasonable ways of making contact and of resolving this issue, unfortunately the next step is filing in court. You would need to file in the county where their business is located as that is where they would not be able to challenge jurisdiction. Sincerely, ***** *****