Dylatess
Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
29685164

Just bought a car have it weeks started having problem

Customer Question

just bought a car have it for two weeks started having problem with a car, toke it back to the place where I bought the car and haven't got it back its been three month now and just giving me the round a round.can I take this to small claim court?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dylatess replied 1 year ago.
That depends. I assume you have no written warranty. As such, if you bought it from a private party, it is buyer beware. If you bought it from a used car dealer, yes you can but you will need a report from an independent mechanic outlining what is wrong with the car and he needs to state that the defects are as a result of problems that were not problems that were easily determinable upon inspection. In other words, the dealer knew about them and did not disclose them to you. And of course, had you known about them, you would have never bought the car.