Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in Consumer Protection law, in particular construction law and auto repo law
20355756

A person on disability with workers comp medical not in full

Customer Question

a person on disability with workers comp medical not in full compliance with perscribed meds legal ramifactions in pa
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there --That depends upon what you mean by this. If the person is not taking medications as prescribed and as they should be taking them, then there is nothing illegal about such a situation and neither the workers comp people or the disability people have any right to do anything about this if the underlying medical condition of the person has not changed any. However, if there is a situation where the medications are narcotics and are being diverted by the person for illegal sale or use by others, then that is illegal and if it can be proven then the patient can face criminal charges for the matter and even if there were no criminal charges brought, if there are any hearings in front of the workers comp board or a disability judge any such illegal diversion of the medications can be used against the patient to try to make him look bad and then the judge in either hearing can use that as part of an overall decision to terminate patients benefits if they choose to do so (but there is still nothing in the law that states this person must lose any benefits because of matters involving taking or not taking their own prescribed medications_.I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating so I will receive credit for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH