Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I'm a doctor. I teach seminars to other doctors and health

Customer Question

I'm a doctor. I teach seminars to other doctors and health care practitioners. I occasionally use a live person, not automated, to call a list of doctors that have purchased from me in the past to inform them of future live seminars. if I use a live person,
not automated, can I similarly cold call a list of doctors to market to them with a 30 second message. Do I need to check with the national do not call list? I understand the national do not call list prohibits calling residences and automated marketing, but
is this true for businesses? Am I safe if I use a live person to make the call?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
The National Do Not Call Registry applies to any plan, program, or campaign to sell goods or services through interstate phone calls. This includes telemarketers who solicit consumers, often on behalf of third party sellers. It also includes sellers who provide, offer to provide, or arrange to provide goods or services to consumers in exchange for payment.The National Do Not Call Registry does not limit calls by political organizations, charities, or telephone surveyors.For more information, please see FTC INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS below.What About An Established Business Relationship?A telemarketer or seller may call a consumer with whom it has an established business relationship for up to 18 months after the consumer's last purchase, delivery, or payment - even if the consumer's number is ***** the National Do Not Call Registry. In addition, a company may call a consumer for up to three months after the consumer makes an inquiry or submits an application to the company. And if a consumer has given a company written permission, the company may call even if the consumer's number is ***** the National Do Not Call Registry.One caveat: if a consumer asks a company not to call, the company may not call, even if there is an established business relationship. Indeed, a company may not call a consumer - regardless of whether the consumer's number is ***** the registry - if the consumer has asked to be put on the company's own do not call list.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if that is clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- does the Do Not Call List apply to BUSINESSES, as well as consumer residences?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.