Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

How do I put a lien on a vehicle due too someone who owe me mon

Customer Question

hello, how do I put a lien on a vehicle due too someone who owe me monies. I was working for someone doing mechanic work. I still have his service truck due too he will not give me my last pay check of 900.00. I live in TN
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Barrister and I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..In a situation like this, you would first have to file a small claims suit against the person and get a judgment against them for the money that they owed you. After that, you could enforce the judgment by garnishing wages, seizing bank accounts, liening real estate, and having the sheriff seize and levy on any assets of the person or business to sell them, like the truck..Your other option is to file a formal "wage and hour complaint" with the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development Division of Labor Standards. The Division will attempt to assist you in resolving the issue with your employer and can put pressure on the employer to pay you your wages without having to go to court first...thanksBarrister