Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I had some work done and had some damage to some furniture.

Customer Question

I had some work done and had some damage to some furniture. The company told me that they are coming to my house and I have to pay them right away. I have not even received the bill yet. Do I have time to look over the bill? Also I am afraid that if I pay the bill that I won't be able to hold them accountable for the damage they have done. They called me a liar and told me it is insurance fraud. They told me that they have a photo of the furniture but have not sent it to me yet. What are my options? Do I have to pay them right away or do I have time to look over the bill?
Thank you
Julie
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you are entitled to review the bill. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.