Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I purchased a new refrigerator from Lowes 2 years (and 4 weeks)

Customer Question

I purchased a new refrigerator from Lowes 2 years (and 4 weeks) ago. The icemaker recently stopped working, water in the door was ok. I approached Lowes for service to find the warranty expired 4 weeks ago.
I pulled the refrigerator away from the wall to find the hose leading to the icemaker had been leaking and had damaged teh floor and the adjacent cabinet.
Although I did not report the defect until after the warranty expiration, the actual failure had occured months before.
Do I have any recourse? So far no one at Lowes will talk to me other than to say "too bad".
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will be answering your question today.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Do you have homeowner's insurance?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Typically, most homeowner policies will cover that sort of water damage (appliance failure).