CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have care and care insurance blue crosse during the past

Customer Question

I have care and care insurance blue crosse during the past two years I had kidney failure I just discovered that many medical bills are on my credit report because the bills didn't get paid With two insurances everything should have been paid 100% what
can I do about these on my credit report
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, I am sorry to learn about this situation.Unfortunately, there isn't a quick or easy fix to this situation. You are going to need to go back through your credit report and identify each of the providers that has reported a "bad" debt, and contact these providers and find out what happened with your insurance billing, then have them rebill your insurance. The providers should remove the negative reports from the credit reporting bureaus. It will take 2-3 months for your credit score to rebound, but your credit report will immediately reflect the change.When you are working with these providers, make sure to keep everything in writing (it is cumbersome and a pain, but make sure to use "confirmation letters" - see my note below, in addition to telephone calls, this will not only document your communications, but it will also help motivate them to properly follow up with both your insurance companies and your credit). With a large number of providers, a single letter template can be used and then modified to be sent to each (give them the date of service(s), the information for the specific claim, the information for both of your insurance companies, give them a specific period of time to respond to you to confirm receipt (for example "10 days from the date of this letter" - expect resolution to take a bit longer, but they should at least acknowledge they received your dispute).Confirmation letters: Keep written records of all communications - so if you speak to someone by phone, promptly send a follow up "confirmation letter" summarizing your conversation, who you spoke to, when, and any agreements you reached. Keep copies of your outgoing correspondence, as well as anything that you receive.