Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Can a buy here pay here car dealership

Customer Question

can a buy here pay here car dealership charge 42% annual intrest on a used car loan? On the sales contract he wrote 21% and then in the itemization of amount financed he has total finance charge of $4289.00 which would be 42% of 10,200.00....Also he told the notary that I put down $4500.00 but I traded my truck for $1500...Notary could not explain the number differences. Registration was done on line and I was told I would not be receiving form MV-4ST ...and said registration would be mailed but since it was done on line I should have had it that day....Im so confused...
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will do my best to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, did all this take place in PA or somewhere else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but this has all been worked out. Do I need to cancel any subscriptions or such so I am not charged anymore fees?
Thank you and yes it was Pa but interest was 21% not 42%..
Hi, I will go ahead and ask that the moderators close out this question. Glad you were able to get this resolved without help!