How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6751
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is 72, and I am 66. months now, we have

Customer Question

My husband is 72, and I am 66. For several months now, we have not been able to maintain a timeshare that we purchased through Eldorado Resorts Corp. in 2011, and we informed the resort of this before we made our last monthly payment, asking for some sort of amnesty since we've never used the timeshare at all; we have paid a total of $9,742.74 with automatic deductions from my husbands checking account and we now owe $13,372,88 on it. We cannot afford to catch up the $2,654.24 in arrears, or do anything to keep it; how can we resolve this problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking if you can potentially walk away from the time share? did the company mislead you? can you resell it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes; to walk away would be a great loss of the dollars that we put into it, and a humongous disappointment because we never used it, and after having been on time and faithful in paying the monthly premiums, we thought that the Resort would show two senior people some grace in this situation, but if taking the loss is the only to resolve this, then so be it.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You should ask to be released based on none use. You would have more leverage if they can quickly resell it, or if they have some compassion, or if they misled you about facilities, availability or other terms of the sale.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions