Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I asked the store clerk boxes of black & mild wine

Customer Question

I asked the store clerk for five boxes of black & mild wine wood tip cigars, she put five boxes of black & mild wine plastic tip cigars in a bag and told me to swipe my credit card. I did and sign the screen. It was approved and she gave me the bag. I stepped back and looked in the bag and told the clerk that these are plastic tip cigars. The clerk told me that she would ring the wooden tips up because they cost more than the plastic ones. The manager told her she can't exchange them because she had entered the plastic one in the computer system. He said that is a Georgia Law. I would like to know if that is true. I never left the clerk's counter.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
While under GA law tobacco products cannot be exchanged or returned, it is however, possible for the store manager to simply void the transaction and to ring up the new transaction, so this would be up to the manager's discretion and most managers would have voided the transaction and would have charged customer for the new transaction for the correct product, especially, if it was store clerk who made the mistake and customer clearly has not opened or used the product.
I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.