Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

How do I cancel a Gift Card that has been delivered to a wrong

Customer Question

How do I cancel a Gift Card that has been delivered to a wrong address which is someon else's right address? The recipient has e-mailed me to say she received it and would I cancel it. How do I do that?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
who issued it? did you contact the merchant? Merchant customer service can process it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Amazon gift cardand I have been trying to follow their directions without success.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Beyond that consider a complaint with the credit card company which can reverse the charge. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.