CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I would like to sue Budget Truck rental particularly

Customer Question

I would like to sue Budget Truck rental for a particularly poor experience where there was time, money, valueables lost. As well as aggravation and, possibly, a breech of contract. I was NOT provided with the good/service I reasonably expected. I paid $1700, and was offered $350-400.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You can sue them for breach of contract, but you need to read the contract carefully as these rental agreements usually carefully limit the scope of their liability very narrowly, and these damage limits are enforceable (I would hate for you to go through the time and trouble of a small claims case to be surprised by the scope of your recovery). Recoverable damages in a small claims case are going to be actual damages (so calculated damages, so "aggravation" is not a compensable damage). Loss of product, proven loss of income or proven loss of product are compensable damages.For information on filing a small claims suit in Oregon, the Oregon Bar Association has some helpful information to assist you: https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1061_SmallClaims.htm