Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Need an answer by Saturday 12 noon. I bought a $2000 custom

Customer Question

Need an answer by Saturday 12 noon.
I bought a $2000 custom made wheelchair receive Friday 7/10/15. Very unhappy with it. What the salesman said or didn't say did not happen completely. By Fl. law can't a consumer return anything within 3 days of receiving it for any reason. In fact, he doesn't even have to give a reason?
***** *****sette.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to answering your question.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
While Florida law does provide for 3 day cancellation rights in certain transactions, those types of transactions are limited and specific, such as door to door sales, home improvement or gym membership.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Unless your contract with the chair company contains a provision allowing a return without reason, there is no general statutory right to return the chair without reason.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
If there is a warranty given with the chair then the seller is contractually bound by the rights and obligations of that warranty. Additionally, if the chair is defective or not what was promised in writing then you may have a claim against the seller for breach of contract.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.