Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have an upcoming HOA late fee case and the Plaintiff

Customer Question

Hi
I have an upcoming HOA late fee case and the Plaintiff has filed a motion for Summary Judgement against me for Principal owed of $3,743.94 , 10% Interest for $356.53 and $216 in court costs + reasonable attorney fees of $1,000 + $139 in litigation costs for a total of $5,456.41. The facts is that the principal amount is wrong. how can I get this dismissed
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purpose only.
If someone as filed a motion for summary judgment then you now need to file an objection to the summary judgment and you would follow the same format of the motion you received to write your objection. In your objection, you need to explain why the principal amount is wrong and you need to attach your proof supporting your contention that it is wrong.
Once the summary judgment is denied, then you can present your evidence to the court to ask them to correct what is due to the proper amount.