Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

I was a driver-owner-operator RV Transport Co. in Indiana,

Customer Question

I was a driver-owner-operator for an RV Transport Co. in Indiana, contracting to haul RV's from Indiana manufacturers to selling dealers. From 10-24-012 to 4-29-15, the company withheld $1505.00 in escrow for "driver damage". On 4-30-15 I requested a full refund immediately following my last transport. The $1505.00 was finally released on 6-2-15. Should I have received escrow interest or the return on the total amount sooner?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardMy research does not reveal any laws that would require the money be held in an interest bearing account with any accumulated interest to be granted to the driver. So, it is going to depend on the contract/agreement you had with the Transport Company. If it was stipulated the money would be held in escrow with interest upon return, then yes. Otherwise, there is no law mandating the same.I suggest that if the money was returned to you within 6 to 8 weeks, that is about normal. It takes time for "paperwork" and adjusting the books from received to debit, etc.Unfortunately, this is one of those times I need to give not so good news but there is no legal recourse for you unless the contract/agreement states something in that regard. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you