Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a motorcycle that has never been titled. I am the

Customer Question

I have a motorcycle that has never been titled. I am the original owner and was issued the MCO for the Frame and Motor. Those documents have been lost (as well as receipts) and I tried to contact the Manufacture to get a replacement MCO but could never
find anyone that could help me. There is no dispute as to ownership yet when I applied for a bond title I was turned down and referred to the count or district court to establish ownership. I am in possession of the motorcycle in question and had a VIN number
assigned to it, had it inspected, had a certified valuation done for tax puposes. I was told to file a suit for quit title on this site but that would be more for a disputed title or can it also be used just establish ownership?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
To clarify, does anyone else claim ownership of the vehicle, or, only you?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.