Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My husband and I are in our eighties and handicapped to a

Customer Question

My husband and I are in our eighties and handicapped to a degree that required us to pull up stakes and move near family. Leaving our home of more than 35 years was hard enough without the movers violating contract by demanding more money when it was too
late to back down, but the real shock came afterwards. More than two roomsful of our belongings -- including necessities such as handicap equipment had been left behind!! Family members had to take time off from work and drive hundreds of miles to retrieve
all they could -- pack, clean up, unpack what couldn't wait, and so on. My son-in-law thought to take photographs. It will be months before we are able to sort out the mess. My husband suffers from dementia and disorientation worsened. Other repercussions
include the time and expense of replacing needed items that were too large and heavy....of simply too much. . .to retrieve. Need to find an experienced attorney practicing in the vicinity of Fredericksburg, VA, willing to take on the case on contingency or
pro bono. Others are bound to be being victimized! [ BBB has put an alert out re the co. in question.] There is no dearth of witnesses. . .enough said! Compensatory and punative damages seem reasonable. Criminal re fraud? Time is of the essence!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.
Sorry...I do not understand the question...are you asking for resources that can help you find a pro bono attorney? The terms of service of this website prohibit any of the lawyers here from taking your case...