Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My company sells a perishable item isn't it illegal to resell

Customer Question

My company sells a perishable item isn't it illegal to resell the product if the customer demands a refund? Its stated on our brochure that there are no refunds but we would replace it. The customer signed that slip along with a final sale slip for the credit card. 5 days later wants a refund. Am I required to give him a refund on a perishable item?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You are not required to. The customer accepted the terms before purchase. Unless it was sold defectively, or as not meeting standards, you may refuse. Practically, if consumer may proceed with a complaint with the BBB or otherwise, consider refunding to avoid the cost of defending a claim. Let me know if the answer is acceptable.