Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have an issue with UPS not delivering to the correct address or aski

Customer Question

I have an issue with UPS not delivering to the correct address or asking for identification for a COD and I had the item insured for $10000.00, the item was a Breitling diamond watch, and the delivery man delivered in the street instead of the residence. I was victim to a scam and filed police reports in Florida where it was shipped and Mount Prospect IL where the watch was shipped. I was given a counterfeit money order forwarded from Illinois UPS. Is UPS negligent for not delivering to address on the package, and not asking for ID? I hired a private investigator and have a notorized affidavit stating driver made mistake on wrong address but ID CHECK was not mandatory under UPS policy for CODs. Do I have a good case to recover my insurance claim or sue UPS for negligence..they have liability insurance policies listed on their website and this issue appears to fall into that category. If so, where do I sue, which state, any suggestions on law firm? I have a lot of evidence saved too.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to JuAnswer and I would like to assist you with your situation ? Did you ultimately receive the Breitling watch ? Did you give the UPS delivery man the check in payment of the watch ?