Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I had a axle changed on my r v the protective service company

Customer Question

I had a axle changed on my r v the protective service company will not pay for the axle the first agent say I was not covered then he say I was he said he was going to sent someone to look at the axle then he told the agent at state trailer he would have to look at the axle for any damage. I took my r v into state trailer and they removed the axle in question and told the second agent at protective service that there was no damage to the axle second agent sent out a adjustor to look at the axle the adjustor made a report to the company and now they are saying I did not have their authorization to change the axle thank you robert
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Is a "protective service company" like an extended warranty? Also, is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I take them to small claims court and win or have a good chance to win
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
That will all depend on the wording of the contract under which they are supposed to provide coverage. If it is a type of extended warranty those usually have some exclusions in them. If this is not an exclusion but is being rejected just because the adjuster doesn't agree it needed to be changed then your testimony about the problems you were having along with your mechanics testimony that it was defective and had to be swapped out should be enough to win the case.However, be aware that these companies normally have attorneys representing them. The screen isn't showing what state this is in but if it is in a state that allows for attorneys in small claims court then you are going to have to really prepare or else you won't be able to get your evidence admitted, etc. so even if you have a great case you could lose representing yourself.If yours is a state that does not allow attorneys then that definitely levels the playing field and you can read up on how to handle your case with a book like the one at this site and do a good job on presenting everything to the judge.