CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am on a fixed income I use on line coupons to ake things

Customer Question

I am on a fixed income I use on line coupons to ake things stretch shop and save in my community advertises double coupons but when you try and use the online coupon the owner of the store will not give you double was notified today will be limited to 8 per month this store is the close to my home I walk and take the bus , Is he allowed to do this with out any type of notification.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, merchants can place restrictions on coupons that they honor or refuse to honor at their discretion (keep in mind, the merchant may or may not be getting fully reimbursed from the manufacturer.Stores should be posting their coupon policies as opposed to having the store manager telling you their information (it should be somewhere in writing), and if you believe that the store is engaged in fraudulent or unfair business practices, you can report the store to the Penn. Attorney General here: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Quick_Links/Pennsylvania_Attorney_General_Complaint_Forms/Filing_a_complaint_with_the_Attorney_General_s_Bureau_of_Consumer_Protection/