Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I am so frustrated with our mortgage company right now because

Customer Question

I am so frustrated with our mortgage company right now because after 15yrs of payments it just seems like we're putting our money in bag with holes and our principal balance hasn't changed. I really need someone to find out what's going on. We purchased this home brand new in Dec. 31, 1999 and have been with Nationstar Mortgage LLC since thta time. We've had our problems in the past and filed bankruptcy in 2001 for bill consolidation and paid out over $200,000 over 7yrs. We been cleared of that debt for over 8yrs and still paying over $ 1,000.00/month at 8% interest rate. We tried to refince with the HARP with them in Feb. 2014 and completed paperwork but no deal. Now we've fallen behide with our payments since May 2015 and they are ready to say that we've default on the loan. We don't want to loose our home but it is something not right about the details of the loan and we need legal advice ASAP!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What you are asking about is a forensic loan audit, which is something provided by a local consumer protection attorney. They will take your loan documents and review the terms and your payment history to try to determine whether or not the lender is complying with the terms of your loan and whether or not the terms of your loan are even legal or if it is a predatory loan.
What you need to do is get all of your loan documents together and payment history and you need to go to a local consumer protection attorney with them (you can find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com) and in most all cases they can work this out and even sometimes force the lender to modify the mortgage.