Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

What is the normal percentage to pay a Ghostwriter from book

Customer Question

what is the normal percentage to pay a Ghostwriter from book sales of a 50 page biography, if $8,500 is paid during the writing process?All expenses for publishing is being paid by the owner of the book? The Ghostwriter is asking for 10% 0f all future sales. I think this is too much. thanks for your answer.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardAccording to the Writer's Market and Guild such percentages range 10 to 20%. Ghostwriting, as told to runs anwhere from $73 an hour to $100 an hour. The lower the hourly rate the higher the percentage at the back end. I suggest you need to find out how the $8500 was derived as to how many hours the writer is basing the computation. Additionally, the percentage and the hourly rate for a bot***** *****ne project rate is generally higher if no credit will be given. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you