Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Customer Question

Hi
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

What is your question?

thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If a dealer selling me a car over listing sale price, what dhould i do

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the clarification.

Why did you negotiate or agree to pay over the listing price?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The deal was done. Before i sign all paper work. I check online then i saw they was listing less on the website. I have them attention, but after they meeting they told me it had done by mistake. And willing to take off another 1000.00 and offer buy protection plan on cheap price. Then when do paper work, i decide not to buy, they give me another 1500.00, because i rush to go home with my kid, i sign all paper. I feel terrible, just like some one rip me off, when i check online again, my car listing was take off. Another similar car is still have the same. I am affraid if call attoney, the dealer will replace the listing price, and no record of my car no more.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
You can refuse to go through with the transaction and file a consumer fraud complaint with the state attorney general. If the AG finds that they are engaging in fraudulent practices the AG can fine them or even revoke their dealer license.
Hopefully, a call from the AG will motivate better customer service.
I hope this is helpful.  If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them.  It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Who is AG, and phone number to call. You need to dhow me how, what proof should i have, and how to start. What if dealer erase all info

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to the California Attorney General: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
Hopefully, you have saved the advertisement or printed it out to present as your evidence. Otherwise, if they take it down you have no proof.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Hi Vu.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Thank you.