Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

4 years ago I had a bathtub and bath surround installed by

Customer Question

4 years ago I had a bathtub and bath surround installed by a company called Bathfitter. This company advertises good customer service and one day installation.
After 4 years of complaining about various problems I had with the bathtub, Bathfitter agreed to re- do the entire project.
Last month, they told me they would put a rush order on my new bathtub and have installed with proper permits. My bath project was started 3 days ago. The company was supposed to set up an appointment for a inspection the next day and have the job completed after the inspection.
The county inspector did not receive a call from Bathfitter but, after I called Bathfitter they called the inspector and a inspector from the county came to my house.
The bathtub job did not pass inspection. I called several times to Bathfitter to have them come and fix the problems so, I could have my bathtub inspected again and then finished. I have not heard from them as of yet.
I have one Bathroom and am not able to bathe or shower.
I'm very frustrated with this company and would like my money back and to sue them for the cost of a lawyer and temporary housing (hotel) for the duration of time I will be out of a bathtub/shower.
I would like to know if I have a good case and how I would proceed from here.
Sincerely, *****
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
Do you have a warranty from the company? If so, what damages are allowed under the warranty?
Is there a requirement of arbitration for disputes?
Thank you.