Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I went to a nissan dealership on May 9th to purchase a vehicle

Customer Question

Hi I went to a nissan dealership on May 9th to purchase a vehicle and credit was ran, however me and my husband did not agree on the deal, since it was only in my name alone. On the May 19th I went back to the same dealership and I did finally made the purchase the car was updated to the existing approval, they purchased the trade in that was only in my husbands name, but the contracts are only in my name, I need to pay a down payment of 2500.00, which they have, they also paid of the trade on June 18th.Now the finance manager is telling the bank wanted to do the deal with me and my husband,but the dealership doesn't want to because it's a higher bank fee. So I have a car with dead 30 day tags, no financing and a trade that was paid off and they don't have it anymore. I want to know if legal I am entitled to my down payment back if I want to just back out or go somewhere else and look for a car?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. I'm a little confused by the fact but I think I can answer the question anyway because it all revolves around one central fact, are they willing to follow through on the deal you made? If they are not willing to follow through on the deal you made, for whatever reason, then you are entitled to be placed in the same position you would have been in had they never agreed to the deal in the first place. In other words, you are entitled to get your money back, get the trade in (or the value of it at the least) back, etc.