Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

Can I get a refund on my new glasses if I am not satisfied

Customer Question

Can I get a refund on my new glasses if I am not satisfied with them after ten days? At the moment they are blurry after a distance of about 6-8 meters. I have been wearing glasses for about 25 years now, and never had to take 10 days to readjust to new lenses as has been explained to me by the shop staff where I bought them.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. The answer that I will provide you with is likely not favorable so I ask that you do not blame the proverbial messenger. Generally speaking if this item was specifically crafted for you (the lens were cut to the shape of the frame, installed, and modified), it cannot be returned unless the seller has a return policy. There is no law in place that contracts in general have a refund policy, in fact most are non-refundable unless the state carves out a special exception. But you have options. You can demand that the party who created this lens and glasses make changes and make it fit your needs. Likewise you can contact the seller, claim that the items are non-conforming, and seek a replacement. You do have a duty to permit the other party to mitigate damages and fix the frames. And if they are still not proper, you can then claim 'breach of contract' and demand a return of your funds. Hope that helps! Sincerely, ***** *****