Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I signed an agreement with a company to install an new roof

Customer Question

I signed an agreement with a company to install an new roof at a fixed price. I paid a 50% deposit. Now 2 days before installation they are telling me they made a mistake in calculating the contract price. Can I legally force them to install the new roof at the contract price.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Tina replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:Is it obvious that the price the company quoted is a mistake? Are they willing to provide you with a full refund? I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want the roof done at the price they quoted in the contract I signed. They will give me a refund. But I won't have a roof. This new construction and right now I only have plywood up and is will leak. They know I can not get another roofer to come in right away. they are holding me hostage to get more money. When I review their numbers, I found it is not an error. They just want more money.