Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Centerpoint Energy contracted MPT to install electrical cable

Customer Question

Centerpoint Energy contracted MPT to install electrical cable in our neighborhood. In shooting cable under our driveway, they damaged the driveway causing in to lift up. There's no doubt they are responsible for the damage but are denying our claim. Is there any hope of fighting for damages with a company like this?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
If you file suit against them then it is likely they will settle rather than litigate this. File against all the parties, the cable company and contractors.
If the damage does not exceed $10,000 you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be user friendly so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?