Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I work am I Been broke down days and im going

Customer Question

I work for Trans am I Been broke down for 3 days and im going to be broke down for total of 6days.I was sent to kenworth dealer ship where the truck is being fixed. I want to quit because there not paying me for brake down pay. can they get me for abandment even though it at safe place at a dealer ship I just don't want it on my dac report.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is tractor trailer truck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your initial post. Could you review it, make corrections, put appropriate punctuation marks, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I been working for this company called trans am trucking. I drive the 18 wheel semi Truck with 53 ft trailer. I been with the company since march. My Truck is broke down at ken worth dealer ship and I am in a hotel. I have been here for 4 days now making no money ".If I was was to quit would they get me for abandment of truck on my Dac report. IM asking this because there the one that authorized for the truck to get fixed there and it not fixed because there ordering part and I losing money siting and weighting so I want to quit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I don't want it to effect me getting another job either
Thank you for the information.
Response: Yes, you could be reported for truck abandonment if you do not get permission from the company to leave while your truck is still being fixed. Generally, you would have to leave the truck to where the company instructs you to leave it. So, you need to get written permission from the company to go to another company—to leave because you are unable to work because the truck has not been fixed by the dealership recommended by the company. You want to get something in writing to avoid the company denying that it ever gave you permission to leave the company while your truck is being serviced. You can use that document to challenge any false information the company reported against you.