Dylatess
Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
29685164

Is it legal online retailer to charge more than the

Customer Question

Is it legal for an online retailer to charge more than the agreed upon price at checkout? Yesterday, when purchasing something off eBay, I used a coupon code for 20% off. At checkout, this coupon code was applied without error and the final price showed $325 (normally 400ish). After I pressed 'confirm and buy' I noticed on my paypal that I had been charged the full $400. EBAY now won't cancel the transaction or refund me my money. They say the coupon wasn't valid for my account since I found it on a 3rd party site, which I conceded to. However, is it legal for them to charge me the more than I confirmed to purchase, without giving me the option to cancel the transaction or not process it? They will not do anything about it now.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dylatess replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 36 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Prior to checkout, you must be advised of the purchase price. I would be happy to speak with you in detail.