Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I sent a very important mail that was very time sensitive to

Customer Question

I sent a very important mail that was very time sensitive to Maryland and i was guaranteed that it will be there latest by 1030am . My sister called by 1040am and said the package has not been delivered yet.I called FEDEX and they told me the Apt number was missing . But they never called to let me know that the apt number was missing even though they took my number for that purpose. Secondly it is only a small apt house that is easily traceable they never left any note at the building that they could not deliver the package. My sister told me she saw the FEDEX truck that passed and did not even stopped at the building. IF they had attempted to stop she could have collected the package because she was waiting for it. When i called them they told me they will call within two hours to let me know about the status of the package . They never called until I called them about 8pm and they told me the same thing.By doing these they have caused me damage of more than 4000 dollars. What Can I do to calim these damages?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest.
You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Counsel can handle on contingency fee basis. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.