How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 111489
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received an order of judgement debtor. I

Customer Question

I received an order for examination of judgement debtor. I was served on Friday I have court this morning
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You indeed can file a motion to dismiss for improper service of process. Furthermore, you need to file a motion to vacate the judgment, since you were never served the suit and did not have any opportunity to present your defense in court and have been denied your due process rights.
I am sorry to say that your wish you could file something that "won't require any paperwork and will reverse everything,' is not a reality. You are going to have to file a motion to dismiss the judgment debtor examination first based on the improper service of process. Then you would need to file a motion to vacate judgment for them not serving you with the suit that led to the judgment.