How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a brand new car, I had so many problems with the

Customer Question

I bought a brand new car, I had so many problems with the car and problems are still happening as we speak. I have two problems that they have been trying to fix about 6 times each and they still can't fix it. They had top engineers fly in from Korea,
still no luck. I sent a formal letter and response to the corporate headquarters requesting that I want my car replaced or my money back because it fell under the Maryland lemon law, they responded back and denied my request. They wanted to instead bargain
with me to give me a small portion of money because of my troubles, which I didn't take. How do I go about acting on my lemon law suit? How can they just say no to my request?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
The Maryland Attorney General has a very good site regarding the "lemon laws" (both the specific requirements for your auto to fall into this law - which from your post, your auto should), and how to go about enforcing your rights under one of two remedies, depending on how long you have owned the car.See: the dealership continues to refuse to cooperate as required under the above laws, you should report their misconduct to the state Attorney General - follow the internal links through the above site.In addition, you can enforce your own independent rights through a suit against the dealership under dual causes of action for breach of contract and violation of the lemon law statute. You are entitled to the return of your purchase price, and the court may award you statutory penalties (you may wish to consult with a local plaintiff's attorney to represent you in this action as these actions are both time consuming and are procedurally complex - it is going to take a lot more of your time than you probably want to invest and an attorney can do this for you).Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions