CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I took my car to get a transmission rebuilt and was told 3

Customer Question

i took my car to get a transmission rebuilt and was told 3 to 5 days repair time it has been 12 days and they tell me they still don't know how long
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
At this point, you likely don't have a cause of action (nothing to sue over), but it is probably a good time to start using "confirmation letters" to follow up on your phone calls to start documenting your matter, and help motivate the shop on getting the work done. (See my note below on "confirmation letters").
If the shop delays much longer (for example, they have the vehicle for a month or more), then you may want to consider a small claims suit for breach of contract, filing a complaint with the Tennessee Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division, or opening a BBB dispute with them).
Confirmation letters: Keep written records of all communications - so if you speak to someone by phone, promptly send a follow up "confirmation letter" summarizing your conversation, who you spoke to, when, and any agreements you reached. Keep copies of your outgoing correspondence, as well as anything that you receive.