Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

I just change cable companies because the like of services

Customer Question

I just change cable companies because the like of services and verbal promises not kept.
They are trying to charge me around 1,000 dollars for leaving. I have only had their services for three months. I am not behind on any payments.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
How can I help, what is your question, specifically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comcast cable is charging for canceling their services. What do I do.
My apologies but if there is a cancellation fee, you owe it if you signed the contract. You can ask the company to waive the fee, and see if they agree, but otherwise if you chose to terminate their services early without good cause, you owe the termination fee to the company. Now, if the company failed to provide services that they promised, you may have a good faith basis to argue that they are in breach, but keep in mind that they are only bound by the written promises, not the oral ones. If you have evidence of breach contact the company and point them out. Demand that they waive the charges or you will file complaints with the Attorney General's office over deceptive trade practices. But if you have no reason, you must pay the early termination fee.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.