Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I made a verbal agreement to buy a car from a guy in ga the

Customer Question

i made a verbal agreement to buy a car from a guy in ga the insurance check hadn t cleared the bank yet and we both agree to wait till it had cleared and return to give him the money the deal was made on a tues and we were to return that saturday to deliver the money and pick up car he said that would be fine but if we had come by monday the deal would be void and even even said i would give an extra 200 for doing so with out leaving a deposit which we were goin to give him a check for a 500 depoit but he would not take a check and only wanted cash told him didnt have cash with me but would go to atm and get some but i my atm limit is only 400 a day then he said he would just go ahead and wiat till sat for all of payment and pull the ad from craigslist and we shook hands and closed the deal . the next mornin i checked to see if and had been pulled only to see it still on there and the price increased 300 from the ad he was to close after we agreed to give him 200 over asking price is there anything i can do he hasnt sold it to anybody else yet
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Just to be clear, did you pay him anything as yet, or no? Was there a deposit placed on the vehicle? That is critical here, as it would tell me whether the seller's actions are permitted or not. Thank you!