Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I was issued a lien on my ex husbands automobile based on him

Customer Question

I was issued a lien on my ex husbands automobile based on him being 100,000 behind in child support. Our car broke down, can I take his and sell it as a way to get money for a car for our family
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Yes, you can apply for a writ of execution to have a sheriff seize the vehicle and sell it at a sheriff’s sale. You will then receive any money raised from the sale less cost of sale.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask related follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for the Summer of 2015 and beyond!