Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I live in Oregon and I would like to know if I signed a contract

Customer Question

I live in Oregon and I would like to know if I signed a contract to buy a used rv and put a 3000 down payment and has not been 3 business day do I have to buy it
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/83.730
The link above is OR law on the 3 day right to cancel. It applies to home solicitation sales. In OR there is no 3-day right of rescission for a vehicle purchase even if you do not yet have final approval of financing.
However, if you cannot get financed at the exact same terms for which you signed an agreement or if the financing is not completed within 14 days, you can take the RV back to the dealer and the dealer must give you back your trade-in vehicle and down payment.
I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you wanted a professional and honest answer.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!